** This tour is currently only offered as a private departure. Please contact us to book your group.
Our half day guided food tour offers the opportunity to try delicious Jordanian food, sample fresh juices and explore Amman with an expert local licensed tour guide. Start your tour at the Amman Citadel where you will learn about the continuous occupation of Amman and have 360 degree views of the city. Continue down to the Roman Theatre and see the 6000 seat theatre that is built right into the mountain. The tour will continue with a walk into the old downtown where you will see the fruit and vegetable market, the gold souq, Amman’s oldest mosque, sample local fruits, fruit juices, dine in Amman’s most famous restaurant and more! You will not go home hungry on this tour!
The group is kept small to be able to walk the bustling streets of Amman and interact with locals without taking over the space. Private tours are also available.
- Over 10 tastings and treats while on the tour so come hungry!
- Learn about food and coffee culture in Jordan from an expert guide.
- Eat more than a full meal and learn about Jordan’s national dish.
- Visit Jordan’s most famous restaurant and experience what draws not only locals, but the Royal Family to dine.
- Visit the bustling fruit and vegetable market
- Pass by Amman’s oldest mosque
- Sample popular fruit juices
- Visit some of Amman’s oldest restaurants
- Learn about the architecture of the city and how the old city differs from the rest of Amman
- Try Jordan’s national dish, Mansaf and learn how locals and families dine on this favorite.
- A Jordanian licensed guide will be with you for the entire tour to familiarize you with Amman and tell you stories of the city you would never uncover while traveling alone.
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for Guide
- Items of a personal nature
- Hotel pickup or drop offs
Amman Half Day Tour Notes:
The tour is currenly only offered as a private departure. Please contact us to book this tour!
This is a walking tour that starts and ends in Amman. The tour will start at the Amman Citadel (Jebel Al’Qala) at 11am with a tour of the site.
Comfortable shoes are suggested, expect mostly concrete with uneven cobblestones, stairs and bustling streets.
Children are welcome on the tour.
Tours operate on all weather conditions so come prepared.